PCAP is a non-sectarian, ecumenical alliance of Palestinian American Christians that seeks to provide a clear voice and presence in faith-based communities in the United States. Our inspiration stems from the Kairos Palestine document and from all faith-based communities working for peace through justice in Palestine and Israel. We believe that achieving peace requires ensuring justice and human rights for Palestinians. American churches, church bodies, and church-based organizations can and ought to play a leading role in advocating for a just peace among all people in the region.
PCAP has five overarching goals that direct our work to assist and collaborate with American churches, church bodies, and church-based organizations. We are providing them with a more balanced understanding of the realities of the situation in Palestine and Israel, thereby positively influencing their attitudes and actions toward this multi-layered situation. These goals are:
- Creating awareness of the dispossession and oppression of Palestinians.
- Providing speakers, literature, materials, and other resources.
- Recruiting and energizing Palestinian Americans and their organizations in the work of peace through justice.
- Advocating for providing moral support and humanitarian assistance in partnership with Palestinian communities.
- Supporting boycott, divestment, and sanctions initiatives.